Are you like many businesses and are missing so many simple digital opportunities? Watch this video to see why it’s important and I share an example of a business that is losing sales by not doing one simple thing.
As a business it is important to show a personality that reflects the brand culture. Remember you are doing business with people so a human and relatable element to what you do is vital for success.
You can add a little bit of sparkle to your digital personality. Even in the most traditional business types there is no room for drab or boring. People want to do business with people they like and can relate to. Boring does not cut it anymore!
It is possible to mix fun & personality with business and this the best place to do this is in your language and content on your digital channels, starting with your website. The words and language you use should reflect what you do. I have so many conversations with businesses who tell me one thing but their story does not even remotely be seen on their website. There is a total disconnect!
The other key area is in the content you create. Social media, blogs, video, podcasts, Fact Sheets, whatever the format or channel, you ca add your own touch of sparkle or personality to it.
Who does this well? Brands and people that don’t apologise for being who they are but celebrate their uniqueness. Think Gary van Der Chuck, Marie Forleo, Michelle Bridges, Black Milk Clothing, Air BnB, Uber & Boost Juice. They are not afraid to be a little quirky, outside the norm and prefer authenticity to perfection and their audiences LOVE them for it.
Here are some tips to help you add some sparkle to your digital personality:
- Be authentically you –authenticity is a vital component of great digital content. It is why the most successful companies are where they are. Their customers relate to them on their level and even though they might not be perfect, they are authentic.
- Don’t pretend, be fake or try and be someone you are not – I love Oprah but I am not going to copy her style or try to be someone I am not. People can see through fake!
- Don’t apologise for being who you are – not everyone will like you and that is OK. You can choose to do business with people you like spending time with. Life is too short to have to deal with people who don’t appreciate you
- Use different formats & channels – try video, podcasts, fun meme’s or cartoons. Find what works for you, your personality and your audience. Mix it up, test it and refine.
- Share your story – we all have a unique story to share. Your About Us page should reflect this and doesn’t need to take the same format as every other page out there
Digital doesn’t have to be boring. In fact being boring and highly polished will probably work against you in this personalised fast pace world we live in. Don’t be afraid to add a bit of sparkle and remember to always be you.
My personal mantra is ‘Never let anyone dull your sparkle’
For decades we have spoken about our audiences being business to consumer or business to business but regardless of what audience we have we are marketing to people. Yes it will be human to human. People haven’t changed but the way we need to communicate to them has
The concept of H2H has been explored by Bryan Kramer. He believes that the lines are so far blurred now between the two marketing segments that it’s hard to differentiate between the two therefor we need to think like the consumers we are, putting ourselves in the mindset of the buyer instead of trying to speak such an intensely sophisticated language full of acronyms and big words.
Our conversations on digital are typically one to many which is why creating personal relevant experiences is more important than ever. Bryan breaks it down into simplistic terms:
People have emotions.
People want to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
People want to feel something.
People want to be included.
People want to understand
So when you are thinking about creating content for your digital & social channels remember you are doing business with people just like you. Genuine communication shouldn’t be complicated. That’s human to human. That is #H2H.
Get the full story here: http://www.bryankramer.com/there-is-no-more-b2b-or-b2c-its-human-to-human-h2h/
How do you know if you are doing digital right? A digital review of audit is necessary if you want to get insights from a customers perspective.