Having had a chance to take a much needed break at Xmas, I started thinking about how to make my days more efficient come January. To start with I needed to think about the way my current day is structured and what tools and channels I use to complete the many tasks on my To Do list. This got me thinking how vastly different my personal and work life is from 10 years ago.
10 years ago…..
- I didn’t have a smart phone
- I didn’t have my smart phone docked beside my bed
- I didn’t check my emails and Facebook before I even left the bed
- I don’t eat breakfast while checking my social media
- I didn’t have access to so many free digital tools
- I wasn’t on Google 100 times a day
- I didn’t freak out I Ieft my phone for 10 minutes
- I didn’t get hundreds of emails every day
- I didn’t shop online
- I rarely used Ebay or Paypal
- I didn’t book cinema tickets online
- I didn’t bank online
- I’d never heard of emoji’s
- I wasn’t accessible 24 hours a day
Think about how you use technology and how that is changing every year. In the next 10 years this is going to be hugely different again. The Internet of Things will mean everything is interconnected.
Corning give you a glimpse into life in 2015 here: